Author Topic: Tony Fenelon Touring UK for Roland  (Read 3481 times)

Ian and Bev Harrison

• Bev .. Plays AR 100 - (Ian's the Technician)
Tony Fenelon Touring UK for Roland
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:25:15 AM »
Hi everybody,
Tony Fenelon, Australia's best organist, will be touring UK over the next six weeks demonstrating the latest Roland organs and pianos.  Tony is Roland's TOP demonstrator and travels the world under contract to them when he is not playing on cruise liners or doing concerts in Australia.  He plays piano concertos where he has recorded the orchestra parts on an Atelier and accompanies that on a piano and is an exceptionally talented pianist as well as organist.
If you get the chance to hear him play then don't miss it.  You will not be disappointed!
Cheers
Ian

Ian and Bev Harrison

Re: Tony Fenelon Touring UK for Roland
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 06:25:39 AM »
Hi Everybody.
Learned today that Tony was only in UK for a week and is now holidaying in Europe.
So if you didn't hear him in late March then its all over.
Cheers
Ian

Les White

• Plays Korg PA3-X / SP-250, Arturia Synth Software
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I just found out Tony Fenelon will be playing at one of the Organ Clubs I attend  - North Tyneside Electronic Organ Society, Killingworth, Nr Newcastle Upon Tyne - on the afternoon of Sunday 4th September 2011.  I'll be there.  Guests welcome.  If any AR-Group members wish to attend let me know and I'll see if I can get tickets - We've a meeting tomorrow night (Wed 25 May) to see Claire Greig.  8)

Ian and Bev Harrison

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »
Hi Les,
Tony certainly gets around.  Last Friday night he was here in Toowoomba for a kids concert in the afternoon followed by one for adults in the evening.  He left home in Melbourne at 4.30am that morning, flew to Brisbane rented a car and drove the 160Km to Toowoomba and was still as fresh as ever that night. Next morning he had to get back to Brisbane to catch a 9.00am flight to Melbourne where he was scheduled to play a concert that evening.  Next Saturday he will be back up this way playing a concert at the Gold Coast.  Not sure how many other commitments he had between then and now.
Tony played the latest Roland Atelier A900 organ and a Roland Grand Piano locally.  No doubt he will do the same at your local club due to his contract with Roland. 
When asked by the accompanying sales girl whether the new instrument excited us enough to buy one I gave an unqualified NO as (a) as pensioners we can't afford to put out $50,000 on a new organ and (b) it was not much better than the AR in its sounds.  Some nice features but!
Cheers
Ian

Les White

• Plays Korg PA3-X / SP-250, Arturia Synth Software
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
I saw Tony Fenelon playing the Roland AT_900C about a year ago at the same venue.  I remember him as being a consumate musician with a very easy manner on stage. Looking forward to this concert.

I would never pay the price of the big Rolands - I'd rather have the AR-100 and money for holidays.  8)