Author Topic: How I would change my AR - Mac  (Read 795 times)

Robert McMichael

• Global Moderator
  • Plays AR 100
How I would change my AR - Mac
« on: February 15, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
If it were possible, and if I could afford to have my AR customized or remade, I would have each keyboard expanded to 61 notes, with split capability on each.  I would have (2) USB drives, an"In" and an"Out".  I would also like to have Sound Effects (including human-like utterances) added to the Voice Sections.  I can't think of anything else I would need (other than the skill and talent to play as well as I've heard other AR enthusiasts.)  What I like about the Unit are that the factory voices and rhythms (Styles) are not stagnant.  The Instrument offers multiple ways to edit and change each and every orchestral voice, and each and every style.  Although. I've certainly underutilized some features , such as the split keyboard, drawbar and percussion sections, I am glad they are there.

Mac

Robert McMichael

• Global Moderator
  • Plays AR 100
Re: How I would change my AR - Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
Just in case there is someone out there, who decides within the next 50 years, that recreating the "AR" Home Organ would be a great and profitable idea, here's a thought.  Optional or Multiple Data Inputs.  The Yamaha US-1 (traded in by myself for the AR) had the ability to input information for "each" memory button (i.e. strings or registration or "song title" or whatever "User Info" choices).  Also, the (data) input was by rotary dial.  I'd like to have both formats (the AR and US-1) available.  Those members who have had other or later models, could you point out some of the different modes of data input?

Thanks,

Mac

Ken Percival

• Plays AR 100
Re: How I would change my AR - Mac
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
Yes the full keyboard on the lower keyboard would be great, I have altered the position that I play chords playing them lower down the keyboard making the split much lower hence it does give you plenty of keys to use for a different instrument right of bottom. I feel it is now as good as having a three keyboard organ. In fact it's by far the best organ I have ever owned. Previous three keyboard organs I have owned were the u90 and the Yamaha  fs three keyboard organ.