Author Topic: Bolton Organ Society  (Read 2837 times)

Kath

Bolton Organ Society
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:46:55 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that myself and Alan (hubby) visited the Bolton Organ Society evening which is held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month in Horwich.  What a fantastic night we really enjoyed ourselves.  We were entertained by Phil Brown who is a fantastic organ player and all round musician.  He open the evening at 8pm with Space Odyessy 2001 and totally blew me away, I asked myself why do I bother even turning my organ on as I will never be able to play anything like that.  He entertained us until 9pm when he had 1/2 hour break during with time I bought one of his CDs and had a little chat with him, and also enjoyed the pasties that were served during the break (they were delicious)  he started playing again at 9.30 to 10.30pm.  He played all types of music but I was very impressed with the classical as I have not had much exposure to classical music and I was suprised how good it sounded on the organ.  He was playing a Bohm organ which I had not heard of before but was very impressive.  He covered every genre of music, 50s, 60s, jazz, classical, big band everything.

If anyone gets the chance to go to this venue I can highly recommed it, we shall be there on the next Tuesday event and looking forward to it.  If you get the chance to see Phil play I am sure you will be very impressed, just as we were.

Visit their Website

http://boltonintune.com/