Author Topic: Organ and Keyboard festival - Blackpool  (Read 5129 times)

Peter Slack

• Korg PA4X, KN1600, Technics GA3, Roland AT800
Organ and Keyboard festival - Blackpool
« on: April 19, 2010, 06:19:49 PM »
This years Blackpool Organ and Keyboard festival is taking place at the Norbreck Castle Hotel from the 9th -14th May 2010.

An open day (advanced tickets only)  has been arranged for Thursday 13th May. Entrance will cost £12.00 per person, when you can visit the full range of dealers and also enjoy the days entertainment including the show and exhibitions.

If anyone is interested in a ticket to the event they are available by calling 01780 782093

I have attended the last two Blackpool open days and enjoyed them immensely. This year should be much better than previous years, being held at the far superior venue of 'The Norbreck Castle'. Also, this year is the events 25th anniversary.

If you interested and would like any further information I shall be pleased to help.

Peter S
Keep the music playing

Peter Slack

Re: Organ and Keyboard festival - Blackpool
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
This years open day takes place on Thursday, 17th May, 2012 at the same venue. Again, tickets for the open day are only available in advance, as above.

Peter S
Keep the music playing

Peter Slack

Re: Organ and Keyboard festival - Blackpool
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »
A most enjoyable day out indeed!

Highlight for me was seeing the fabulous  George Fleury perform in the afternoon concert on the Roland AT800. 

He was brilliant, and very funny. When he played the Jazz Scat voices he mouthed all the 'doo, bop, wop' voices to the audience in perfect synchronisation, and encouraged us all to join in! 

I would recommend the 'open day' at these events to every organ/keyboard hobbyist, it really is a great fun and entertaining way to see and hear the different models together at one big venue. 

These days I honestly think that organs and keyboards sound so good, it's hard to think how they can improve them much further. 

I was very well behaved, and controlled in such a dangerously tempting environment, and kept  within the £10 max spending allowance set by 'senior management'

If only it took place more frequently. 

Peter S

Keep the music playing