Author Topic: Organ Concerts in the North East  (Read 4173 times)

Les White

• Plays Korg PA3-X / SP-250, Arturia Synth Software
Organ Concerts in the North East
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
In the 2 years since I became an organ owner again, I've been regularly attending 2 organ clubs in my area - North East Organ Society which meets on the last Wednesday of the month in Birtley (near Chester Le St) and the North Tyneside Electronic Organ Society which meets on the second Wednesday of each month in Killingworth, North Tyneside.

In my time I've enjoyed concerts by Tim Flint, Brett Wales, Tony Fenelon, Chris Powell, Clair Greig and many others playing Wersi / Yamaha (although sadly not the AR - too heavy I should think) / Technics / Bohm. As Hugh mentions in his post these venues / dates and schedules are all listed on OrganFax.

Both clubs are struggling for numbers and will fold if numbers continue to fall. If you can support your local organ clubs - It's a cheap night out and many of the artists are amazing.
I'll get off my soap box now before I fall.

Thanks

Les White

Keith Riley-Gledhill

Re: Organ Concerts in the North East
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 02:47:01 PM »
It is good to see organ clubs in the North East being publicised.  Unfortunately Les got the dates the wrong way round.  The North East Organ Society meets on the second Wednesday of the month at The R.A.O.B. ("Buffs") Club, Fellbank, Birtley, Co. DURHAM, DH3 1A.  In an effort to attract new members current members may take a guest to one meeting at no cost.  If anyone would like to take advantage of this offer please contact me.

The North Tyneside Society meets on the last Wednesday of the month.

Details of concerts can be found on the Organfax website - http://www.organfax.co.uk/