Author Topic: No__31___Drawbars (xvi) Extra Voices  (Read 1633 times)

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
No__31___Drawbars (xvi) Extra Voices
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
I received this comment from a member today:

"I never normally use the extra voices, so I thought that I would take a look at them this morning, but I dont think there was much difference in the sound, so I will forget about them and carry on without using them."

And here is my reply:

The extra voices do make a great deal of difference.    They are intended as Extra Voices to enhance the Drawbar settings.  Therefore, they only sound when you have selected Lower Organ, Upper Organ and Pedal Organ Ensemble buttons.  (i.e. their lights in the Ensemble section must be illuminated.)   Furthermore you can adjust their volumes, and take the Lower Organ ones up an octave, and the Upper Organ ones down an octave, if you wish.  To view the screen to select the Extra Voices and make these adjustments, press any Extra Voice button (if you press it twice it will take you back to that particular Extra Voice's original On or Off setting, and leave the screen display for you). 

If you want to use them on their own, Select the Lower, Upper and Pedal Organ Ensemble buttons, but move all the light bars to Off.  (i.e. just the top green light on.)

Hope this helps,
Peter
In the interest of our members
AR-Group ADMIN

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: No__31____Drawbars (xvi) Extra Voices
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »
On the AR100 there are 6 more Extra Voices on 2 extra buttons, within 3 different organ variations  available on each of the Upper and Lower Keyboards, as shown here

Under the title of AR100 the Extra Voices shown in red are unique to the AR100.
It is impossible to make these available to the AR80, in any form.
If they are selected for an AR100 registration and saved to disk, they will simply be non-existent when that disk is ‘played back’ on an AR80.

Important Note, given in your manual:
Unlike the other voice sections,  Extra Voices enables you to select two or more and use them together.

So if that is what you desire to do, this is the only place where you can achieve that.

If you want this as a pdf file that you can either save to your computer or print to show these differences between the Extra Voices on the two instruments, click this link to open it in a new window:

Extra Voices Specification

Peter
AR-Group ADMIN

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: No__31___Drawbars (xvi) Extra Voices
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 04:49:38 PM »
This is what your AR User Manual says about the Extra Voices

N.B.    AR 80 owners remember that not all of them shown in the manual diagrams, are available to you.     See the Reply above.

Peter
AR-Group ADMIN