Author Topic: The AR Hits The Airwaves via the Internet  (Read 4132 times)

Les White

• Plays Korg PA3-X / SP-250, Arturia Synth Software
The AR Hits The Airwaves via the Internet
« on: February 04, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
Tom Horton playing his AR-100 is the first tune featured on the January 2013 edition of Alan Ashton's Organ 1st Radio (Show 65). Tom's playing 'Merry Go Round' in a Theatre Style and using the Extra Voices to good effect.

Click the LINK below to go there:

http://www.organradio.com/

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: The AR Hits The Airwaves via the Internet
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:13:41 AM »
If you haven't heard any of these before, they are well worth listening to.  The last four 'Radio Shows' are across the top of the page, and these list the performers in each show.  The latest one (February 2016) mentions the passing of Alan Haven and Brian Sharp.  Brian Sharp was the first organist I heard play.  I was duly smitten and vowed that I would get an electronic organ when I could afford one.  I have all the LPs and CDs he made.  Sad that he has gone.

Scroll down to find the listings of all the other shows, which you can listen to with a 'left click'.  Or do a 'right click' and choose 'Save target as' (or similar) to download to your computer/laptop.  These are all MP3 files.  As mentioned, the AR 100 clip is in Show 65.  I did download this, and thought to start with that I hadn't succeeded as the file was showing 0 Bytes and wouldn't 'play'.  In fact, it is 58Mb and I think it was a case of being patient and waiting for it all to be downloaded, as it plays fine now.

Thanks Les for drawing this website to our attention.

You could also visit

www.organ.co.uk

where they list numerous organ CDs that can be purchased.
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN