Author Topic: With Winter approaching ...  (Read 2532 times)

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
With Winter approaching ...
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:26:54 AM »
With Winter approaching and needing to spend less time outside you may be thinking it is a good time to spend more time playing your AR.  Yes, you could just press some buttons and play something .. or .. you could spend some time understanding how the AR actually functions and what it will do.  The AR is a fabulous organ and is capable of producing voices/styles we have not heard before .. if only we knew how to do it!

A good starting point is to go through Peter's Pearls as set out in this Board.  I know, there is so much to get one's head round, and it is much easier just to 'press a button'.  To create something of your own is much more satisfying than just pressing a button, and the possibilities with the AR are endless.  So if you have not done this before (I have, but have forgotten a lot of it!) start at the bottom of Page 2 and work your way up, trying out all all Peter's tips and suggestions.  The trick is to remember some of these things and use them when you want to play something.
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: With Winter approaching ...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
Peter,

I think the research you have done into the theory behind our 'music hobby' is quite amazing.  I have never seen anybody put together such useful explanations of things as you have done.  When I read things I do know something about you seem to expand things just that little bit further.

Keep up the good work!

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: With Winter approaching ...
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 01:44:01 PM »
Thank you for this encouragement, Hugh.
I have enjoyed researching these Pearls, never dreaming that there would be so many, when I first started.

The remarkable thing is that there is still so much to tackle, with time being the main constraint, but having said that, I have at least 2 more prepared, as of now, one of which I think will be most valuable to us all.
I, for one, have found it most beneficial to write these Pearls.

If anyone has anything, they would like us to explore in the future, please ask. 
We can always say 'No', but probably won't.

Furthermore, I would encourage all members, to not be afraid of posting feedback on any subject, and to be as forthright as you wish.

Peter
In the interest of our members
AR-Group ADMIN