Author Topic: I TOO LOVE MY AR  (Read 4622 times)

Margaret Draper

• Plays AR 100
I TOO LOVE MY AR
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »
I too love my AR.   
After all the years we’ve been together (my AR and me) I still enjoy.
The AR 80 and AR100 were produced, I believe in 1997, and I purchased my AR.100 here in New Zealand in 1998, so roll on 21st birthday celebrations in a few short years.

I received free replacement panels some years ago, my machine being among a batch of panels with faulty lettering.   The replacement included both keyboards. This replacement offer no longer applies.
Other than that I have had not had a single problem with my precious machine.

I like to create my own mix of voices and rhythms and I soon became used to making subtle changes to voices and rhythm patterns for best effect.  I place these amendments onto successive memory buttons, and using the REGISTRATION SHIFT method I am able to KICK along to the next memory button by using the right side of the foot pedal….and…  “look Mum – no hands”.
Then it just requires saving this info to a disk and noting on your sheet music the disk and track number.
Next time you want to play that tune just put in the disk, select PLAY and there it is - all the data at your fingertips once more.
Wonderful !!
MARGARET DRAPER

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
Re: I TOO LOVE MY AR
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:54:39 PM »
I received free replacement panels some years ago, my machine being among a batch of panels with faulty lettering.

Hi Margaret,

I bought my AR100 just six months ago and it came in showroom condition with pristine gold lettering on the panels. I don’t know if it ever had replacement panels or was just not within the faulty batch.

Has the replacement lettering on yours remained in good condition or has it started to wear or fade? I’m just wondering if I can expect mine ever to show signs of age.

Roger

Margaret Draper

• Plays AR 100
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:35:32 AM »
Hello Roger,
I purchased my AR-100 in 1998, not long after it was first available.

Replacement panels were supplied for me free of charge in June 2005,
but I believe that some folks had to pay.
The gold lettering remains in absolutely perfect condition.
Good luck with yours.   I presume that your machine either had new
panels at some stage, or was not one from the faulty batch.
Cheers,
Margaret Draper, Taupo, New Zealand.

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
Roger and Margaret,

If the gold lettering on your organs is in pristine condition (as mine is, as I had my panels replaced too .. for FREE .. which I found surprising as I had bought my organ second hand) it will not fade with 'age'.  As we said, it was a faulty batch of paint that faded when exposed to ultraviolet light, and this happened fairly early on in the organ's life.

Maybe continual rubbing of the lettering would cause it to deteriorate, but you are not likely to do that as the lettering is only that on the wood.  The lettering on the 'Tabs' is done differently so that should not fade.  Maybe a bit with wear, as we keep pressing them?  If you have an organ with faded lettering, perhaps you can put me right on this one.

Never clean your organ with an abrasive cleaner.  I'm sure you never would!

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »
Margaret & Hugh,

Thank you both. That is exactly what I hoped and expected to hear but confirmation is very satisfying.

I have seen an AR with the lettering on the tabs badly worn, to the extent of being illegible. As you say this is presumably down to constant pressing. Someone, somewhere, attributed this on a different make to long finger nails abrading the lettering. Not a problem so far as I am concerned as I don’t think I could play with long nails anyway, but it might be of concern to some ladies.

Roger