Author Topic: Tierce de Picardie Website for Keyboard/Organ players  (Read 4586 times)

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Tierce de Picardie Website for Keyboard/Organ players
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:27:33 PM »
Just over a year ago I joined the Tierce de Picardie website.  This is a website for both keyboard and organ enthusiasts, but until recently I had no idea what this 'title' meant.  I know, my musical upbringing has been sadly lacking.  But then I have not really had a musical upbringing as just about everything I do has been 'self taught'.  So for those of you who are in the same boat as me, here is the definition (from Wikipedia).

In music, a Tierce de Picardie (French .. meaning Picardy third) is a major chord at the end of a piece of music in a minor key.  This doesn't have to be 'at the end' of the piece, but this is where it will usually happen.  One well know piece which ends in a 'Tierce de Picardie' is Greensleeves.

Click on this LINK to visit their Home Page.

http://tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/index.php

You will see a Logo entitled Guests & Visitors, and if you click on this you will be directed to areas of the Forum that you can view without joining.

The rest you can gain access to by joining.  Click on REGISTER NOW! for instructions for joining (which is FREE).

Hugh

It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: Tierce de Picardie Website for Keyboard/Organ players
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »
John Bridgett now Hosts the Tierce-de-Picardie Forum as well as the AR Group.  Dennis Oyston (in Australia) and myself are the Administrators of the TDP Forum.

So, Members of AR Group .. why not come along and take a look?  TDP is for all Organs and Keyboards.  To access the whole Forum, apply to join (it's FREE).  Instructions for doing this are at the top of the Home Page.

www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN