Author Topic: Compared to a Pipe Organ  (Read 2483 times)

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Compared to a Pipe Organ
« on: February 22, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
When Laurens Hammond introduced the electronic organ in the United States in 1935, it provided an economical and compact substitute for the organ, but its imitative sounds have never been able to reproduce the tonality of the pipe organ..........

........until Yamaha built the Yamaha AR!

If you don't believe me, listen to Mark Burbridge playing the toccatas, and that was on the smaller, less powerful, Yamaha AR80.

Click this link to downlaod a disk to play in your Yamaha AR:

Mark Burbridge .. Toccatas

Or if you prefer here are a couple of them as MP3:

Vidor - Toccata (MP3) .. played by Mark Burbridge

Bach - Toccata (MP3) .. played by Mark Burbridge

Even with low quality speakers, these demonstrate just what the Yamaha AR can do!

Peter
In the interest of our members
AR-Group ADMIN

Ian and Bev Harrison

• Bev .. Plays AR 100 - (Ian's the Technician)
Re: Compared to a Pipe Organ
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:21:04 AM »
Hi Peter,
That certainly brings the classical sounds inherent, and rarely used, in the AR out.  The AR's speaker system does well too.
Cheers
Ian

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: Compared to a Pipe Organ
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:06:02 AM »
Agreed.
It is so easy to take things and people around us for granted.
Most of us really fail to appreciate the quality, range and terrific ingredients that are in our Yamaha AR organs.
Now, I am a very poor amateur, when it comes to playing, but I really enjoy doing so, and I often get blown away with the music, that even I can produce on this instrument, but the 'professionals' just amaze me, and I love to play their tracks.
Having ALL the JOT's safely on one small memory stick, to play back through my emulator, is very handy and so convenient.
The many JOT performances, that still keep coming are another case in point.  The AR does engender creativity from our members, who regularly prove that point.
Good to hear from you.
Best wishes,
Peter
In the interest of our members
AR-Group ADMIN