Author Topic: Chris Jones AR100  (Read 2755 times)

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
Chris Jones AR100
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:09:18 PM »
Just to let you know that organist Chris Jones is giving concerts with his rebuilt AR100 in a brand new brilliant white portable cabinet with Ketron SD40 arranger module.

For dates see organfax.co.uk

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: Chris Jones AR100
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »
Roger,

Thanks for this.  More on Chris Jones here ...

http://www.ar-group.org/smforum/index.php?topic=3092.0

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »
Hugh,

I posted this before I realised you had posted in another thread. I shall be going to see Chris in concert with his white AR100 on 25 July.

Roger

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:40:06 AM »
Roger,

And this is the right place to put information about organ concerts!  Please do let us know what you think of the concert .. and the sound of the AR in particular.  I love the sounds we get from the AR.  They seem very 'rich', and 'different' from any other organ.  Maybe because of the 'default tuning' as explained by Peter Anderson here:

Pitch within Keyboards

The experience you will get by listening as part of the audience will be completely different to what you hear when you are sitting at the AR and playing it yourself.

Another professional who played an AR 100 for concerts was Steve Allison.  He didn't hang on to his AR for very long though as he said loading in Registrations was a nightmare.  It took for ever!  I'll be interested to know how Chris Jones copes with that.  Tell stories/jokes between pieces he plays?  I did look for Steve Allison in the Organfax list but can't find him, so he must have given up.  When I saw him (before he got his AR 100) he had an EL 90.

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 02:51:29 AM »
This concert was cancelled at the last minute owing to the illness of the organiser, not organist. It has been rescheduled for 24 October and I shall report back then.