Author Topic: Moving Up and Down the Boards  (Read 3269 times)

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Moving Up and Down the Boards
« on: November 20, 2018, 02:31:18 PM »
Something Hugh told me about much earlier this year, but I thought I'd pass it on, to speed up your negotiating the various posts ... and there are many of them.    Beside that, some are quite lengthy, so when you click Go Down to read the last posting, you are immediately taken to the last item added.   This is brilliant and saves much time and effort scrolling down.

I very much appreciated Hugh adding this facility, but there is a short cut, which may be necessary to invoke from time to time.
It is simply to press       Control + End    at the same time.

I know most of you were aware of that.     But some of us are not that bright when it comes to computers.

Here is an important very obvious trick.    When you are viewing the last posting, and want to return to the top to get back to the Home icon in order to move to another topic, rather than keep laboriously scrolling up, simply press         Control + Home      and hey presto, you are there.

This obviously works on any page including the Home screen, and from any position on that board.   i.e. if you are in the middle of a set of postings, you can quickly advance to the beginning or the end using these smart keys.
I do not know why I didn't twig this before!

Peter
In the interest of our members
AR-Group ADMIN

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: Moving Up and Down the Boards
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 10:41:42 AM »
Peter,

I think you will find that you don't have to use the Ctrl (Control) key.  Just press the Home, or End.

Any other comments on this?

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 12:57:03 PM »
Wow!   That's right.

I am learning everyday!      Thank you, Hugh.

Peter
AR-Group ADMIN

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:26:30 PM »
Peter,

I think your Control + Home to get back to the beginning comes from when you are doing a WORD document.  In this case, pressing Home on it's own will only get you back to the beginning of a line.  To get back to the beginning of the document you have to press Ctrl + Home.  Or the end of the document, Ctrl + End.

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Peter Anderson

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 08:54:21 AM »
Hugh,

You are right.

But how I wish there were similar short cuts when using my iPad.

Still, I do get a lot of exercise in my hands and wrists ..... Useful to keep supple for playing the AR.

Peter
AR-Group ADMIN