Author Topic: AR-100 for sale  (Read 2323 times)

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
AR-100 for sale
« on: July 31, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »
I see that ePianos are selling an AR-100 for £1,699, down from £1,999 🤑

Hugh Wallington

• Administrator
  • Plays AR 80
Re: AR-100 for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 05:26:36 PM »
Click the LINK below to view:

https://www.epianos.co.uk/shop/used-yamaha-electone-ar100-including-free-uk-mainland-delivery/

If you click on the magnifying glass top left of picture it will enlarge the picture.  You can then click on the arrows to the right or left to move through all the other enlarged pictures of the AR100.  The Gold Lettering looks OK to me.

The price may seem a bit high, but then when coming from a shop at least you know it has been thoroughly checked out, and I'm sure it will come with some sort of Guarantee.  If you buy one privately from Ebay you just don't know what you're getting.

Hugh
It's all about the music.
AR Group ADMIN

Roger Mardon

• Plays AR 100
Re: AR-100 for sale
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
Got mine from e-Pianos last year at much the same price, £1,750 actually, so I can’t knock it. Mine was in showroom condition, including the gold lettering, and came with a few registration disks and a 2-year guarantee. They gave me a good part-exchange deal on my EL-90 so, whilst I paid a premium price, I was happy and knew I was getting a quality instrument. Delivery was included, something else you don’t get with a private purchase through eBay, and probably worth a few hundred pounds if you use a professional carrier.

I’m pleased the AR is still able to command such a price and have no doubt it will sell. I’ve been to quite a few concerts over the last year or more and the AR holds its own among the other instruments I’ve heard; Roland Atelier, Technics, Yamahas old and new - HX-1, EL-90, Stagea. It’s all very personal but I’ve heard nothing that would readily tear me away from my AR, not even £30/40,000 Böhms and Wersis, good that they are. The Atelier AT-800 and 900 are nice but probably not about six grand nicer. The Stagea has beautiful sounds but looks like an IKEA flat-pack and I could not live with that.

I think we’re incredibly lucky to have such versatile and capable instruments which are maintaining their popularity and value. Long may it continue.